15 Aug Field Service and Test Technician
Job type: Full-time
Global fast growing European based Internet of Things (IoT) Technology Company is seeking a Senior Field Service and Test Technician reporting to our Global Operations Manager in our downtown Sarasota office.
The ideal candidate should be detail oriented, possess strong process and organization skills, a quick learner, a good multi-tasker and multiple hat wearer, and have a strong work ethic.
The position will be a combination of responsibilities including global installation of our IoT products in refrigerated marine containers (Reefers), product development integration and test support, electronics technician support, and supporting the generation of user documentation.
3-5+ years previous technician experience is required, but training and support will be provided for this role. Experience in Reefer and/or transportation refrigeration systems (especially Carrier, Thermo King, Starcool, and Daikin) a huge plus. Other desired relevant experience may include any combination of computer proficiency, RF and wireless communications, truck mechanics, or complex HVAC systems.
Periodic overseas travel is required. Candidate should possess strong organizational and communication skills. Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus.
We are seeking career driven candidates with a passion for innovation to become a key team member and help us grow.
This position has enormous professional growth potential!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide service and customer support during field visits or dispatches.
- Manage all on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks.
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Produce timely and detailed service reports.
- Document processes.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations.
- Build positive relationships with customers.
- Work safely and follow company safety standards.
- Must be physical able to work with no restrictions in industrial field environment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven field service experience.
- Willingness to travel globally up to 50% (average 20% but peaky) and particularly throughout the US, Europe, and Latin America.
- Ability to install, troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment.
- English and technical literacy, Spanish a plus.
- TWIC card a plus.
- Competitive wages based on experience with bonus potential.
- Modern downtown office. Sarasota was Google eCity in 2014, fast growing, and has the #1 beach in USA for over 10 years.
- Flexible hours.
- Full benefit packages available.
- Up to 4 weeks paid vacation/PTO.
- Training provided.
- Tools provided
About Globe Tracker
Globe Tracker is a leading supplier of reefer management solutions.
Recently Globe Tracker secured an order with Hapag-Lloyd, the world’s fifth largest shipping company, to equip their 100.000 reefer containers with Globe Tracker’s IoT solution.
Globe Tracker is a remote friendly workplace with main offices in the Faroe Islands, Iceland and Florida (USA).
With the growing number of large orders and customers, Globe Tracker is looking to grow the software development and design capabilities.
At Globe Tracker innovation is our trademark. As a young and dynamic company, with multinational customers and staff working around the world, Globe Tracker is an exciting place to work and offers the opportunity to grow with the company.Apply