15 Aug Quality and System Test Engineer
Job type: Full-time
Global fast growing European based Internet of Things (IoT) Technology Company is seeking a Systems and Software and Embedded Test Engineer in our downtown Sarasota office.
The ideal candidate should be detail oriented, possess strong process and organization skills, a quick learner, a good multi-tasker and multiple hat wearer, and have a strong work ethic.
We are seeking career driven candidates with a passion for innovation to become a key team member and help us grow.
This position has enormous professional growth potential!
- Globe Tracker products consist of custom developed hardware sensor with embedded firmware, with wireless connections to a cloud based control and monitoring platform. The product function is IoT based tracking and remote monitoring and control.
- Validate products for quality prior to release, ensure stability, and functionality.
- Experience in software and product test and QA, experience in wireless communication and hardware test a plus.
- Devise and write test plans and test cases based on requirements and issues.
- Manage and follow-up with bugs, features and issues from origin to closure.
- Assist Software and Firmware Developers with investigation and resolution of issues.
- Help generate and maintain Product Manuals for Release.
- Perform upkeep and maintenance to Lab Equipment and Simulators.
- Have experience writing test or application code in at least one development language.
- Are a self-starter who embraces new technologies, enjoys researching new tools and applying them as needed.
- Collaborate with Developers, Designers, and Clients.
- Familiar with formal test methodologies.
- Familiar with testing of complex IoT based embedded system and complex cloud software platforms.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science. Master’s degree desired.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Minimum 3-5+ years of overall technical and/or test experience.
About Globe Tracker
Globe Tracker is a leading supplier of reefer management solutions.
Recently Globe Tracker secured an order with Hapag-Lloyd, the world’s fifth largest shipping company, to equip their 100.000 reefer containers with Globe Tracker’s IoT solution.
Globe Tracker is a remote friendly workplace with main offices in the Faroe Islands, Iceland and Florida (USA).
With the growing number of large orders and customers, Globe Tracker is looking to grow the software development and design capabilities.
At Globe Tracker innovation is our trademark. As a young and dynamic company, with multinational customers and staff working around the world, Globe Tracker is an exciting place to work and offers the opportunity to grow with the company.Apply