15 Aug Senior Embedded Hardware Engineer
Job type: Full-time
Global fast growing European based Internet of Things (IoT) Technology Company is seeking a Senior Hardware/Embedded Firmware Engineer in our downtown Sarasota office.
The ideal candidate should be detail oriented, possess strong process and organization skills, a quick learner, a good multi-tasker and multiple hat wearer, and have a strong work ethic.
We are seeking career driven candidates with a passion for innovation to become a key team member and help us grow.
This position has enormous professional growth potential!
- Strong knowledge and/or hands-on experience in the design and development of hardware systems, product development, testing, and validation, and design for manufacturing.
- Review system-level requirements from market needs and process them into hardware and software specifications.
- Design, development, and documentation of embedded electronics hardware with a combination of digital, baseband analog, sensors, and terrestrial wireless RF.
- Fabrication and test of electronics subassemblies and prototypes, either in-house or through a contract manufacturer, rapid prototyping tools a plus.
- Schematic capture and printed circuit board layout. Hands-on experience with eCAD tools such as Altium, in a product development setting. LabView, AutoCAD, SolidWorks a plus.
- Design and implement code following corporate coding conventions experience with C, C++ in real-time embedded development environments and software configuration management tools.
- Experience with all aspects of board development, schematic design, layout, RF layout, production, and manufacturing processes, generation of drawing packages and other technical documentation.
- Hands-on experience with micro-controller development, ARM and PIC, ultra-low power design methodologies.
- Cellular/Wireless familiarity, GPS and tracking applications.
- Power electronics circuit design to include AC/DC and DC/DC power supply design.
- Working withe Mechanical Engineering in electro mechanical areas, supporting assembly drawings for products, cables, and wiring harnesses.
- Familiarity with instrumentation & tools required for debug, test and integration of embedded systems, including JTAG pods, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Develop test plans, then execute the test through unit tests and integration tests.
- Experience in achieving various global product compliance such as FCC, CE, UL. PTCRB and another wireless compliance and standards a plus.
The ideal candidate will be a senior engineer well rounded in the design and development of hardware and firmware for embedded systems. Career knowledge and technical capability should cover the scope of product development including conceptual design, development of product requirements and architecture, implementing and testing the design in both hardware and software, and concluding with system test and evaluation.
The candidate will be responsible for new product development and existing products.
A successful candidate will have the ability to develop hardware and software of moderate to high complexity; and work in a highly-collaborative, multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science. Master’s degree desired.
- Minimum 5-7+ years of overall engineering experience.
About Globe Tracker
Globe Tracker is a leading supplier of reefer management solutions.
Recently Globe Tracker secured an order with Hapag-Lloyd, the world’s fifth largest shipping company, to equip their 100.000 reefer containers with Globe Tracker’s IoT solution.
Globe Tracker is a remote friendly workplace with main offices in the Faroe Islands, Iceland and Florida (USA).
With the growing number of large orders and customers, Globe Tracker is looking to grow the software development and design capabilities.
At Globe Tracker innovation is our trademark. As a young and dynamic company, with multinational customers and staff working around the world, Globe Tracker is an exciting place to work and offers the opportunity to grow with the company.Apply