15 Aug Senior Engineering Technician and Manufacturing Project Assistant
Job type: Full-time
Global fast growing European based Internet of Things (IoT) Technology Company is seeking a Technical Specialist in our downtown Sarasota office.
The ideal candidate should be detail oriented, possess strong process and organization skills, a quick learner, a good multi-tasker and multiple hat wearer, and have a strong work ethic.
We are seeking career driven candidates with a passion for innovation to become a key team member and help us grow.
This position has enormous professional growth potential!
The candidate will be responsible for multiple aspects of the launch of a new IoT product which will involve:
- Supporting customer deployments and monitoring performance of systems installed in the field.
- Test Engineering of new product releases.
- Creation and update of various documentation.
- Supporting configuration management and processes.
- Supporting product compliance and certification testing.
- Supporting design and development and modifications of hardware and embedded firmware.
- Strong computer and communication skills.
The preferred candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3+ years engineering and/or 5+ senior technician experience.
- Embedded C/C++ firmware and combination of digital, baseband analog, sensors, and terrestrial wireless RF hardware during product development of from concept to commercialization including testing, and validation, and design for manufacturing.
- Proficient with typical lab test equipment: power supplies, logic analyzers, digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, function generators, instrumentation & tools required for debug, test and integration of embedded systems, JTAG pods, oscilloscopes.
- Schematic capture and printed circuit board layout. Hands-on experience with eCAD tools such as Altium, in a product development setting. LabView, AutoCAD, SolidWorks a plus.
- Minimum of Associates or Bachelor of Science Degree in Electronics Technology, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Minimum 3+ years of overall engineering/technician experience.
- Willingness to travel occasionally to Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
About Globe Tracker
Globe Tracker is a leading supplier of reefer management solutions.
Recently Globe Tracker secured an order with Hapag-Lloyd, the world’s fifth largest shipping company, to equip their 100.000 reefer containers with Globe Tracker’s IoT solution.
Globe Tracker is a remote friendly workplace with main offices in the Faroe Islands, Iceland and Florida (USA).
With the growing number of large orders and customers, Globe Tracker is looking to grow the software development and design capabilities.
At Globe Tracker innovation is our trademark. As a young and dynamic company, with multinational customers and staff working around the world, Globe Tracker is an exciting place to work and offers the opportunity to grow with the company.Apply